As you prepare for your visit, please remember to bring the following items:
- Identification card
- Insurance Card
- Order from Doctor
- Referral from Doctor
Coming to your appointment prepared will make sure things go smoothly throughout the process.
How to prepare for your surgery:
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the day before your surgery – including breath mints or chewing gum.
- If you are taking medications for hypertension, take blood pressure medication with a small sip of water the morning of surgery.
- If there are any test required for surgery, schedule them a day or two prior to your scheduled surgery day.
- Arrive at least 1 hour prior to the scheduled start of surgery.
- Report to the emergency admitting area for check in and registration.
- Wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing the day of surgery.
- Do not wear perfume, deodorant, or lotion.
- Do not wear any makeup or finger nail polish.
- Do not wear any jewelry, body piercings, hairpins, or contact lenses.
- Leave valuables at home. Bring only what is necessary.
- Bring your medications or a list of the medications that you are taking including the dosage and frequency.
- Bring your test results with you- if you have them.
- Make plans for an adult to drive you home after surgery. Patient is not allowed to drive back home if surgery or procedure was performed under anesthesia.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Day Surgery: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at (773)995-3035, 7am-3:30pm or the Surgery Department: Monday-Friday at (773)995-3055, 7am-3:30pm
*Closed on weekends except for emergency cases.